Book Fair Shopping Tomorrow-Wednesday, Nov. 8!

Howdy parents,

Yeehaw! Our scheduled shopping time for our book fair is tomorrow,  Wednesday, November 8 from 10:00-10:30!  Please remember to send along some money for your child to make purchases.  I always encourage buying from the school Book Fair because it helps earn money for our school and it gets kids rootin’ and tootin’ about some new books-which us always a good thing in these parts!  I always push for books to be purchased-not just the other stuff (keychains, toys, posters).  Most paperback books are priced between $6.99- $8.99 and hardcovers are a little more. Our class already had a preview day yesterday and should have written down the prices on their wish lists for budgeting.  Consult with your child and make a plan together to decide on what would be appropriate to purchase and how much “gold” they may spend.

For reference, here is a link to a Scholastic Book Trailer video which contains some fun book trailers that will be available at the fair.  Select the grades “4-6 Highlights” tab for books geared for our age group.

I’m looking forward to hearing about some new and exciting books and seeing your kiddos saddlin’ up to read ’em in and around our room! (Apologies for the cowboy-lingo!)