Good afternoon and Happy Friday! Whew! With the Holiday Program, it sure made for a busy week! We have one week left before our holiday break! This next week should be filled with wrapping up a few loose ends academically and then celebrating together on Friday.
Last call to signup for anything for our Holiday Breakfast on Friday, Dec 22 from 9:45-10:45! Click the link here to check out what we still need! Please see the following message from Mrs. Reagan regarding our parties, parent volunteers and parking:
Our class holiday party will be attended by the volunteers that are running the party. This is due to limited parking (snow). Mrs. Reagan has asked that I submit names of those people who are volunteering to run the party so that she can clear background check information in advance.
I have explained to the children to that this is a volunteer-run party — so not all parents will be attending. If your child is begging you to come, explain to your child that you cannot come because it is for the parents running this party only. Thank YOU for your help!
If you are part of the volunteer team (those helping run the party), your names are below. If I have missed anyone, please let me know by Monday at 4 pm.
List of parent volunteers:
- Kim Newenhouse
- Elizabeth Sayers
- Amanda Oldebekking
- Kelli Burri
- Megan Lemke
- Holly Peterson
- Elizabeth Schollart
- Allison Parm
- Shannon VanderPloeg
I’m looking forward to it! Below are some pictures from this week!
Making crafts with our kindergarten buddies!
Hello Parents! Please see the following message from Mrs. Reagan’s latest blog update with links to find out more information about the Georgetown Holiday program coming up this THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14th!
The Georgetown Music Program is this week Thursday, December 14. The kids are excited and have been practicing very hard! The hall from the music room is sounding great!
The program is at Fair Haven Church: 2900 Baldwin St. in Hudsonville. Just down the road from school!
Kindergarten through 2nd grade begins at 6:30; 3rd through 5th grade begins at 7:45. This link will take you to ALL the DETAILs you need to know for the music program.
If you would like to order a DVD of the program, please fill out this paper HolidayDVDForm-1oe9scd and return it with your payment to the office no later than Monday, Dec. 18. Checks can be made payable to WCET TV. The cost is $15.
Hello parents and hello winter! As much as it’s inconvenient to drive in, I must say that love seeing the freshly fallen snow cover the landscape and the excitement it brings to our students! That being said, remind your child to come prepared for the colder weather by bringing their boots, snow pants, hats, gloves etc!
Check out some of the upcoming events and academic happenings we have going on next week!
- We will be finishing up Unit 3: Multiplication and Division with Fractions and beginning Unit 4: Multiplication with Whole Numbers and Decimals
- We are focusing on becoming powerful readers of narrative and expository nonfiction texts, as well as constructing written responses that give evidence to support our thinking.
- We are continuing our look into Unit 2: Three Worlds Meet where we’re learning about Native American cultural regions and how climate and natural resources influenced the culture that developed in each region.
- We are wrapping up our investigations on the causes and effects of the changing landscape of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven. Watch our blog for more specific details coming very soon!
- Our special holiday breakfast will be on the morning of Friday, Dec. 22. For more information and to sign up to volunteer or donate items, click HERE. We still have some items open to donate!
- Candy cane sale continues through Dec. 15. Students who wish to purchase a candy cane may bring in $1. Candy canes will be delivered to students each day.
I hope that this update finds you well. As we all are entering into a relatively busy season, it’s important to take some intentional time to pause and reflect on the year we’ve had and anticipate the year ahead. To help do this in our class, we’ll be doing a special holiday breakfast where we’ll sit down and enjoy a meal together with your help. See details below about how you can help with this!
- The Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe will be in Georgetown next week. This is an opportunity for students to purchase gifts for their family members. Our class will be shopping on Wednesday, Dec 6th from 11:30-12:15. If you are making out a check, please make it payable to Georgetown PTC.
- Candy cane sale Dec. 4-15. Students who wish to purchase a candy cane may bring in $1. Candy canes will be delivered to students each day.
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven. Watch our blog for specific details coming soon.
- For a holiday party, all 5th-grade students in our building will be doing a holiday breakfast in their individual rooms. This will be on Friday, Dec. 22, from 9:45-10:45. This should be a wonderful and special time to spend together. If you’d like to help donate items or volunteer on the day of, please click HERE. Thanks, and we look forward to celebrating together!
Donate items or volunteer to make our holiday breakfast extra special!