Hello parents and hello winter! As much as it’s inconvenient to drive in, I must say that love seeing the freshly fallen snow cover the landscape and the excitement it brings to our students! That being said, remind your child to come prepared for the colder weather by bringing their boots, snow pants, hats, gloves etc!
Check out some of the upcoming events and academic happenings we have going on next week!
- We will be finishing up Unit 3: Multiplication and Division with Fractions and beginning Unit 4: Multiplication with Whole Numbers and Decimals
- We are focusing on becoming powerful readers of narrative and expository nonfiction texts, as well as constructing written responses that give evidence to support our thinking.
- We are continuing our look into Unit 2: Three Worlds Meet where we’re learning about Native American cultural regions and how climate and natural resources influenced the culture that developed in each region.
- We are wrapping up our investigations on the causes and effects of the changing landscape of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven. Watch our blog for more specific details coming very soon!
- Our special holiday breakfast will be on the morning of Friday, Dec. 22. For more information and to sign up to volunteer or donate items, click HERE. We still have some items open to donate!
- Candy cane sale continues through Dec. 15. Students who wish to purchase a candy cane may bring in $1. Candy canes will be delivered to students each day.