Check out the happenings next week and some photos of some of the research we are doing in ELA! In the photos, partners are listening to each other’s compelling questions, topics, subtopics and facts that they are discovering through the research of their colonial topics. We have encouraged students to research using mel.org, which has a set of databases which include free articles, ebooks, and other general information. We have also been practicing with the basics of citing our sources. If you have some experience with this, feel free to start a conversation with your child on what effective research looks like and how, sometimes, we need to use some GRIT to find what we’re looking for!
Enjoy your weekend!
- We are beginning Unit 6: Operations and Word Problems
- We are continuing our research units in both reading and writing.
- We are continuing our work on our unit: The Road to the Revolution.
- All parents submitted an interest form for chaperoning at camp will be notified whether they’ve been selected on February 28.
- 5th grade will be attending a Grand Rapids Symphony performance on February 27th. We will be out of the classroom from 10:00-1:00.
- 5th grade will be heading to Hudsonville High School on Thursday, March 1 to learn information about upcoming middle choices. We will be gone from Georgetown from 12:30-2:30.
- Conference confirmation slips will be going home in your child’s backpack on Monday, Feb 26! Be on the lookout!