Hello Parents! I hope you’ve had a great week! We don’t have much in the way of an update for next week, mostly just a wish for you to have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my time at Georgetown and your kiddos are making it extra special! So, THANK YOU for the wonderful job you’ve done in making them into wonderful people!
Optional Family Event Coming Up:
We’ve recently just finished reading, Wonder, by R.J. Palacio. For those that are not familiar with this book, Wonder is about a 5th grade boy, Auggie Pullman who was born with a severe facial deformity and his journey attending a mainstream school for the first time. The book is incredibly moving as it confronts readers with situations and reactions to someone who is different from them. We’ve had a good time reading it as a read aloud and it has provided great reactions, thoughts, and conversations.
Now, the film version of Wonder is about to come out and I thought it might be fun to provide a time for our class to see it together. My thoughts are as follows:
- We would meet at the Rivertown Crossings theatre in Grandville on Saturday, December 2nd. We will plan for the earliest time possible (late morning/early afternoon). This will be TBD as listing times won’t come out until a week before.
- We would buy tickets as close to each other as we can and enjoy the film together.
- Parents would need to be with your child during the movie.
- After the movie concludes, we would depart our separate ways.
- The film is rated PG and you can view the trailer here. This is not mandatory in any way and I absolutely respect the wishes of individual families regarding movies. In fact, one reason we’re waiting until a couple weeks after the release is so that you can look up the film’s content and make an informed decision about joining or not. Check out CommonSenseMedia.org for more information on the film’s content.
This might be a fun way to celebrate the end of our journey with these characters! Please consider and have a conversation with your child about this opportunity!
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY TO LET ME KNOW YOUR LEVEL OF INTEREST- Wonder Interest Survey
Check out a couple things that we’ve done this week below!