What’s Coming Up – Week of November 27-December 1

Hello Parents!  Are you ready to send those kiddos back?!  I hope you had a great break and found some time together to relax and eat some yummy food!  Check below for some updates for this week!

Miscellaneous:

• Early release this Friday, December 1.
  • For those interested, we will be meeting at Celebration Cinema at Rivertown crossings this coming Saturday.  Time is still TDB as they have not posted the Saturday showings yet.  I will post/email as soon as I find out.  We will shoot for the first showing-likely 11:30! 
  • The Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe will be in Georgetown next week. This is an opportunity for students to purchase gifts for their family members. Our class will be shopping on Wednesday, Dec 6th from 11:30-12:15.
  • Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven.

Math

• We are continuing to work on Unit 3: Multiplication and Division with Fractions.

ELA:

• We are focusing on becoming powerful readers of narrative and expository nonfiction texts.

Social Studies:

• We are diving into Unit 2: Three Worlds Meet.
  • We’re learning about Native American cultural regions and how climate and natural resources influenced the culture that developed in each region.

Science:

• We are investigating the causes and effects of the changing landscape of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.