Hello parents! Wow! These weeks are flying by-AND what an exciting week we’ve had! We had a special visit from Mr. Cooley’s father, Michael Cooley, Sr. who shared some advice on writing! He published a book called, The Power of Forgiveness, and shared about the writing process. As you know, we’ve been working on writing and finishing up our memoirs and his advice was perfect timing to help give us one last push of motivation to finish our writing to make it the best it can be! Thank you, Mr. Cooley (Sr.), for coming and speaking with us!
- Goodies Factory fundraiser orders and payment due on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
- Please turn in one check payable to Georgetown Elementary for the entire order.
- Fall parties will be on Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 2:15-3:15. Calling all Volunteers! Click HERE if you are willing or able to help on the day or send something in for our fall party! FALL PARTY SIGN UP!
Math: Unit 2: Adding and Subtracting Decimals.
- Students should continue practicing their math facts using Moby Max.
ELA: In ELA, we are beginning a unit where students will be joining book clubs and looking deeper at characters and traits that they exhibit.
- Reminder….The students are expected to read 100 minutes a week. As a parent please initial the log when they read at home, showing you confirm your child has read for the minutes recorded.
Science: We are continuing to make claims based on evidence and reasoning and will apply these to our upcoming science investigations.