M-STEP is all done for 5th Grade! Whoo hoo! We are so happy to get back into routine and finish the year strong!
- Parent meeting for fifth grade camp will be on Wednesday, May 8 at 6:00 PM.
- A brief meeting for chaperones will immediately follow.
- Students do NOT need to attend this meeting; we will meet with students separately during the day.
The end of fifth grade is full of exciting events. For your convenience, we’ve created a list of important dates. We’ve linked it to each of our blogs; you can view it here.
- The end of fifth grade is full of exciting events. For your convenience, we’ve created a list of important dates. We’ve linked it to each of our blogs; you can view it here.
- April 23, 24, 25 – M-STEP testing dates for fifth grade. Please avoid scheduling appointments during the school day on these dates if at all possible.
Georgetown Art Show Reception Monday, April 22⋅5:30 – 7:30pm. Please see Mrs. Chmura’s blog for more details. http://mchmura.edublogs.org
What is it?
For one week, your future novelist, poet, or journalist will have the chance to explore the wonders of writing with some of West Michigan’s finest teachers.
Laker Writing Camps offer students an opportunity to explore many styles of writing in a fun environment. Students participate in activities that create a community of writers and provide nurturing support for developing authors. To prompt writing, campers and facilitators may travel from their camp site to various age-appropriate places of interest, learning and inspiration.
Teachers plan writing activities that build confidence while providing the writing tools that inspire creative thinking and author’s craft. Campers write a variety of pieces such as poems, autobiographical sketches, short stories, and nature observations while engaging in the writing process of drafting, revising, responding and editing. Finally, each camper will choose a piece of his or her writing for publication in the camp anthology.
The Laker Writing Camp is an outreach effort of the LMWP to encourage and nurture young writers. Staff consists of Lake Michigan Writing Project Teacher-Consultants who have been identified as outstanding teachers of writing and nurturing role models for campers.
For more information, please visit the LMWP website.