Hey parents! Check out what’s happening in our classroom!
- We are wrapping up our first unit involving addition and subtraction of fractions with a test next week.
- As this unit unfolds, a focus will be to master our multiplication and division math facts. Please practice these at home daily!
- Check out the Subject Areas: Math page on the blog! It helpful videos and practice links for unit 1! MobyMax is also a great option for extra practice!
- We’re working on strategies that help us bring our stories to life and continuing to write our narrative pieces.
- Students should be reading for 20 minutes each night and filling out the reading log.
- We’ll begin discussing collaborative work practices and scientific understanding prior to our first unit.
- We’ll be moving on to our second unit, Three Worlds Meet.
- Walk-a-thon on September 27th!
- Fifth grade will walk from 10:45-11:30
- Culver’s Night Fundraiser..Monday, October 7
- Halloween Party-More info to come next week!
Turkey Trot–See message below from Mrs. VanKoevering
I am hoping you can add this to your blogs this week. We are trying to get Georgetown kiddos to sign up online for turkey trot and promote this through blogs and emails (so no paper copies going home). So if you could copy and paste this into your blog that would be super helpful.
Turkey Trot 2019 Registration is now open! Deadline to Register is October 9, 2019.
Picture This…Our Class at Work!