- Camp Chaperones – A letter came home outlining chaperone opportunities. Please return this with your level of interest by Tuesday, Feb 18th. Parents will be notified by March 2nd.
- Valentine’s Day
- In fifth grade, we do not have individual parties for Valentine’s Day.
- We will have an optional Valentine exchange. If your child chooses to participate, please have him or her bring a Valentine for each student in the class .
- We will decorate bags to use to gather our Valentines, so there is no need to create a box or container to send in.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (Monday, March 9 & Wednesday, March 11)
- Please see the link with the Spring Parent-Teacher Conference Schedule HERE.
- We are beginning unit 5, Division of Whole Numbers & Decimals.
- Students should be completing MobyMax Fact Fluency practice at home for five minutes per day unless they have mastered all math facts.
- We’re continuing our reading unit which is investigating non-fiction texts and tackling text complexity.
- We are publishing our literary essays which are about themes in our book club books.
- Students should be reading for 20 minutes each night and filling out the reading log.
- We’re launching our unit: Go With the Flow which investigates invasive species and their impact on our waterways.
- We are continuing our fourth unit, Life in the Colonies, which examines the development and impact of growing colonial regions.
Kids Heart Challenge
Information about Kids Heart Challenge will be coming home with students today. Please note that this fundraiser is for the American Heart Association, it does also helps us get P.E. Equipment for GT. The Kids Heart Challenge Fundraiser registration is here: February 6 until February 28.
When your child joins Kids Heart Challenge (formerly Jump Rope for Heart) they will hear from kids with special hearts and raise funds to help those born with heart defects. Students learn about taking care of their own heart through fun challenges and activities for physical, social and emotional health.
Get online and register your child today here.
Please note that thank-you prizes earned by students will be handed out when they come to P.E. class. Some prizes need to be ordered when the fundraiser is over and will be delivered sometime in March. Any money donated after Feb. 28 will not earn prizes.
Thanks for your help! Mrs. Nienhuis & Mrs. VanKoevering
Check Out What We’ve Been Up To!